Bellarmine College Prep School
- Bellarmine College Preparatory is a community of men and women gathered together by God for the purpose of educating the student to seek justice and truth throughout his life.
- We are a Catholic school in the tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Founder of the Society of Jesus.
- As such, our entire school program is dedicated to forming "men for others" -- persons whose lives will be dedicated to bringing all their God-given talents to fullness and to living according to the pattern of service inaugurated by Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God has gathered us together to educate the mind, spirit, heart, body and imagination of the student.
- Our philosophy finds its origin in the experience of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Founder of the Society of Jesus, and forms the basis of our mission.
- Through the vision of St. Ignatius we are rooted in the larger and living tradition of the Catholic Church. Our belief is expressed in our school program: a series of experiences directed to help each student become a "man for others." The rigor of the curriculum prepares the graduate to succeed in college, but more importantly to use his critical skills in a larger sense.
- We want him to have a passion for justice by recognizing that God desires a life of happiness and peace for everyone.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1657 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, AP Studio Art, Art History AP, Biology AP, Calculus AB AP, Calculus BC AP, Chemistry AP, Computer Science A AP, English Language AP, European History AP, French AP, Human Geography AP, Latin AP, Mandarin AP, Physics B AP, Probability/Statistics AP, Spanish AP, U.S. History AP, World History AP|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Joseph Wagstaffe|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics Team, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain View Grades: 9-12 | 1755 students
1885 Miramonte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650)968-1213 9.3 9-12
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 3.3 PK-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 16.2 6-12
- Sunnyvale Grades: 6-12 | 950 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408)481-9900 5.9 6-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.