Bellarmine College Prep School
- Bellarmine College Preparatory is a community of men and women gathered together by God for the purpose of educating the student to seek justice and truth throughout his life.
- We are a Catholic school in the tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Founder of the Society of Jesus.
- As such, our entire school program is dedicated to forming "men for others" -- persons whose lives will be dedicated to bringing all their God-given talents to fullness and to living according to the pattern of service inaugurated by Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God has gathered us together to educate the mind, spirit, heart, body and imagination of the student.
- Our philosophy finds its origin in the experience of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Founder of the Society of Jesus, and forms the basis of our mission.
- Through the vision of St. Ignatius we are rooted in the larger and living tradition of the Catholic Church. Our belief is expressed in our school program: a series of experiences directed to help each student become a "man for others." The rigor of the curriculum prepares the graduate to succeed in college, but more importantly to use his critical skills in a larger sense.
- We want him to have a passion for justice by recognizing that God desires a life of happiness and peace for everyone.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1657 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, AP Studio Art, Art History AP, Biology AP, Calculus AB AP, Calculus BC AP, Chemistry AP, Computer Science A AP, English Language AP, European History AP, French AP, Human Geography AP, Latin AP, Mandarin AP, Physics B AP, Probability/Statistics AP, Spanish AP, U.S. History AP, World History AP|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Joseph Wagstaffe|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics Team, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain View Grades: 9-12 | 1755 students
1885 Miramonte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650)968-1213 9.3 9-12
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 3.3 PK-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 16.2 6-12
- Sunnyvale Grades: 6-12 | 950 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408)481-9900 5.9 6-12
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.