- Bellarmine College Preparatory is a community of men and women gathered together by God for the purpose of educating the student to seek justice and truth throughout his life.
- We are a Catholic school in the tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Founder of the Society of Jesus.
- As such, our entire school program is dedicated to forming "men for others" -- persons whose lives will be dedicated to bringing all their God-given talents to fullness and to living according to the pattern of service inaugurated by Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God has gathered us together to educate the mind, spirit, heart, body and imagination of the student.
- Our philosophy finds its origin in the experience of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Founder of the Society of Jesus, and forms the basis of our mission.
- Through the vision of St. Ignatius we are rooted in the larger and living tradition of the Catholic Church. Our belief is expressed in our school program: a series of experiences directed to help each student become a "man for others." The rigor of the curriculum prepares the graduate to succeed in college, but more importantly to use his critical skills in a larger sense.
- We want him to have a passion for justice by recognizing that God desires a life of happiness and peace for everyone.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1604 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, AP Studio Art, Art History AP, Biology AP, Calculus AB AP, Calculus BC AP, Chemistry AP, Computer Science A AP, English Language AP, European History AP, French AP, Human Geography AP, Latin AP, Mandarin AP, Physics B AP, Probability/Statistics AP, Spanish AP, U.S. History AP, World History AP|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,665|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Bill Colucci|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mountain ViewGrades: 9-12 | 1667 students
1885 Miramonte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
San JoseGrades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
Portola ValleyGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
SunnyvaleGrades: 6-12 | 950 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
San JoseGrades: 6-12 | 110 students
1774 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.